NiMH Rechargeable Batteries Information
Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride NiMH
batteries are the way of the future.
They outlast other battery types in high power devices like digital
flash units, GPS and radio microphones.
- Environmentally friendly containing no lead, mercury or
- More than twice the power of rechargeable NiCads
- No "memory" effect so can be recharged at any time.
- Outlast alkaline batteries in high drain devices like
- Recharged at least 500 times
Ecobatteries stocks Maha, PowerEx Pro, PowerEx,Imedion or Precharged batteries.
| "These batteries are AWESOME, I've used them all day.
They took 85 shots with flash in my digital camera with
thier first charge and they are still going. It would have cost me at
sets of alkaline batt to do the same. A1 Thanks again Edwin" |
For charging Ecobatteries recomends either
the Maha MH C204W, the Maha MH C9000Pro or the Maha MH C401FS fast chargers. These
chargers automatically charge up to 4 AA batteries in less than 2
hours. For charging 8 batteries Ecobatteries reccomends the MH-C801D fast charger.
NiMH Rechargeable Batteries Do's and Don't's
- Charge and use them in sets.
- Charge batteries before using them the first time.
- Charge them any time.
- Charge them before storage.
- Fully flatten them by leaving them on too long.
- Leave them in the charger with the charger turned off.
- Store them with without charging them.
- Leave them trickle charging for extended periods, say over
- Carry them in a pocket with keys.
- Always leave the charger cover open as charging gives off
- If usnig a fast charger it must be suitable for Nickel
Metal Hydride ( NiMH )
Ecobatteries reccomends Maha
Why do the batteries in my camera do not last ?
If one battery has a lower voltage than the others then it is
will pull the others down. Replace it.
To test for this, when the batteries are discharged measure the
batteries voltage with a
voltmeter. Only place a voltmeter across a battery
instantly and never use an ampmeter.
As rechargeable batteries self discharge
they must be charged before putting them into storage. If left in a
that is turned off the batteries will discharge through the charger.
NiMH Information Web sites
Click here for ordering and pricing.
Maha MH C204W fast charger. $49.00